Friday, June 09, 2006

Source of links to Cool Tech Tools

Last Christmas, someone gave me an iPod Shuffle. I loaded iTunes on my PC and began to look around for material I could listen to. I found lots of interesting podcasts on news, politics and Information Technology. One of them that I really enjoy is the Mike Tech Show. Mike is an IT professional who shares his experiences in solving IT issues for his clients and answers listener questions.


Mike also brings a lot of useful IT Tech Tools websites to my attention. You can find the list in his Show Notes blog each week at: www.miketechshow.com, but I get a lot more out of them by listening to his comments in his blog. Mike's accent distracted me a bit while I was listening to the first couple of shows, but I enjoy his easy-going style and the information I get out of his podcasts.

Speaking of podcasts, my favorite podcast receiver is www.DopplerRadio.net Version 3.0 Beta used with iTunes. It is capable of storing all subscribed podcasts in a single folder if you wish so that they may be easily copied to your MP3 player. It has a built-in player, but will also integrate with iTunes, MS Media Player, and others. Unlike iTunes or Media Player alone, you can specify not only general settings for All podcasts, but you can configure settings specific to each podcast if you need to.

How about a way to keep track of when the Places We've Been, Sites We've Seen blog changes? Even better, how about a way to track when any web page changes? I use www.ChangeDetection.com/. I have never been spammed at the address I gave them, but I am always notified within 24 hours of a change to any web page I am interested in.

  1. http://www.miketechshow.com/
  2. http://www.DopplerRadio.net/
  3. http://www.ChangeDetection.com/

    Enjoy!

    -- PatrickB

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being the 1st site mentioned on MTS this week.

You commented on Mike's distracting accent. Curious.

I do not hear what you hear and I am now wondering if you are in the states...or abroad.

MTS is a GREAT show.. agreed!




sobriety test to post:
eugnhlfw

Fri Jun 09, 11:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Patrick,
not only was this a great post and links but you also have generated a lot of traffic for the site and this was post #100 for Places We've Been. Congrats.

Sat Jun 10, 05:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger PatrickB said...

Hi Barbra,

I am in the Midwest and have a light Southern accent myself. Mike's voice reflects a particular Northeastern accent that I thought at first might be from Boston, but he lives in Pennsylvania.

In any case, I have heard many of Mike's shows now and find his accent more endearing than distracting. I hope he keeps up the good work!

-- PatrickB

Sun Jun 11, 09:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bryan said...

Barbra,

Thanks for the comments and we hope that you enjoy these website finds as much as we do.

Please continue to comment on our postings and let us know what we can improve on.

Enjoy!

Mon Jun 12, 10:42:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home